A fast and smooth recovery is what you want after getting slip and fall injuries. Aside from pain, you may become frustrated with your injuries and tend to restrain yourself from your fitness regimen. Fortunately, it is still possible to perform certain exercises while recovering from your slip and fall injuries.
4 Simple Fitness Tips While Recovering From Slip and Fall Injuries
Regardless of what was torn, strained, broken, or pulled, you can still maintain your fitness while recovering from injuries.
We give you a fitness guide on how to recover from a slip and fall accident.
- Take it easy
Depending on the condition of your injuries, it is wise to do at least 20% less than your usual fitness regimen.
- Be cautious: Even if you think you can tolerate the pain of certain exercises, your muscles are not where they used to be. It is best to be extra careful since your body is already somehow damaged due to your injuries.
- Avoid strenuous activities: Go slowly when you do physical activities during your recovery. Move with caution, take breaks and rest when needed. Also, refrain from doing activities that stresses your injured tissues. Stop what you are doing whenever you feel pain.
Physical therapy is an effective way to recover from slip and fall injuries. It helps alleviate, manage, and overcome the pain you feel. How can physiotherapy help?
- Exercise therapy: A physiotherapist will design an exercise treatment specific to your recovery needs. Your therapy will enhance the flexibility and strength of damaged tissues in injured areas.
- Prevent further trauma: You may not know how severe your slip and fall injury is. In some cases, the actual pain and injuries show up days following the accident. Physiotherapy can help detect problematic areas and provide treatment to prevent those problems to develop.
- Reduce pain: Moving around may be the last thing you want to do when you incur injuries. However, certain physical activities can help alleviate pain and aid in the recovery process.
Common slip and fall injuries require to be stabilized and immobilized throughout the recovery process. However, static muscles for long periods of time can also cause serious issues at a certain point.
Take some time to stretch instead of allowing your muscles to become stiff. Gentle stretching aids in keeping your crippled muscles fit and promote smoother recovery.
- Control your symptoms
Different slip and fall injuries have various symptoms. It’s crucial to make efforts in dealing with those symptoms to promote comfort during your recovery.
- Pain management: Your doctor may recommend medications and techniques to help manage your pain. For instance, he/she may advise fish oil supplements and meditation.
- Other treatment: Likewise, massages, soaks, hot and cold treatment are techniques to effectively manage your symptoms. Make sure to ask your doctor the specific treatment for your injuries and understand the potential side effects of pain medication.
Follow our fitness guide and your physician’s recommended physical treatment. Otherwise, jeopardizing your health can be used against you in the event that you file a lawsuit for your slip and fall accident. Moreover, seek help from a lawyer to know your legal rights and help you receive the compensation you need.
Ashley Thompson strives to ensure her passion for reading about the law are reflected through the various pieces that she’s writing. She hopes to apply her years of study into helping explain legal issues to the public. Ashley loves cooking and often cooks for her family during weekends.