- Gamblers who are experiencing problems may go to great lengths to deny or cover up their problem. Here are some warning signs that may indicate that gambling has become a problem.
- Gambling for longer and longer periods of time
- “Chasing losses” – gambling more often to “win back” lost money
- Neglecting family/personal needs to gamble
- Growing debt from gambling
- Absence from school, work or important social activities to gamble
- Gambling to escape daily pressures and obligations
- Involvement in illegal activities to finance gambling
- Lying about the extent of gambling involvement
So these are the way that how to identify the addiction patients. If you or your loved one is addicted to gambling then there is more possible to become addicted to drug or alcohol. So if you become addicted kindly take counseling for substance abuse and live a sober and healthy lifestyle.