1. States With The Highest Death Rates From Excess Alcohol
From cancers to car accidents and heart disease, excessive alcohol use is tied to a broad range of deadly incidents and conditions. (usnews.com )
2. Cannabidiol Studied As Potential Treatment For Cannabis Use Disorder
Abstinence from cannabis is increased with daily oral doses of cannabidiol 400 mg and 800 mg versus placebo.
3. Pandemic Fuels Rise In Drug-Related Deaths
In Arizona, there’s been a recent uptick in drug overdoses. There were 463 deaths reported in March, and throughout the summer the number of deaths per month has remained higher than most month-to-month totals in 2018. ( medicalxpress.com )
4. Many Deaths Labeled ‘cardiac Arrest’ Could Be Drug Ods
Americans have long known that there’s an epidemic of opioid abuse and deaths in the United States. But a new report suggests the true extent of these tragedies has been underestimated. (medicalxpress.com)
5. Ccsa’s Covid-19 Resource Section Has What You Need To Know About The Impacts Of Covid-19 On Substance Use.
CCSA is the go-to place in Canada for trusted information on COVID-19 and substance use. We have put together a suite of resources from websites and organizations from around the world, as well as publications from our own experts. (ccsa.ca)