Retin-A is one of the highly effective topical retinol creams that can significantly address various skin concerns including acne and wrinkles beside making your skin smooth and soft. In other words, Retin-A acne cream has right ingredients to decrease the intensity of acne and pimples while promoting the natural beauty of the skin. It is a form of tretinoin belonging to the group of medications known as retinoids. This anti-acne cream is best recommended to both men and women.
Retino-A skin cream is a prescription product and it is available in different concentrations. It is also available in the form of gel concentrations.
How does Retin-A Cream Work?
A tretinoin cream works by filling up the pitted acne spots on the skin. Such marks usually occur after the healing of pimples. Once the pimples are healed, your skin is left with the loss of collagen. Retin-A works as a toner by increasing the collagen production under the skin. The pumping action of this cream gives the best treatment to remove acne scars. It also works as an anti-aging night cream, so you can apply it just before going to bed and you will find the fresh and supple skin texture in the morning.
Retin-A for Skin Turnover:
Retin-A cream is widely recommended to address various skin concerns like acne, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. It manages to enforce skin cells’ turnover with the regular application within a few weeks. Both men and women can use Retin-A acne cream to heal adamant pimple marks without affecting the skin’s sensitivity. It has the potential to promote the growth of skin cells, renewing the skin tone and helping to reduce the formation of blackheads, whiteheads, and other acne lesions. Those who use it for the first time might experience some sort of deterioration in the skin condition within first few days, but they have to stick to it to achieve the desired results over the next few weeks.
Usage of Retin-A Cream:
One can use Retin-A skin cream under prescription. Do not take it by mouth and keep distant from the contact of eyes, mouth, and nose while rubbing it on the skin. Before application, wash your skin with water and let it dry for a while. The best time to use this cream is night or just before going to bed. Take a little amount of Retin-A cream and apply it gently on the affected skin. Putting a thin layer of this cream on the skin is enough to improve the skin tone.
Possible Side Effects of Retin-A:
Retin-A skin cream is largely safe to use, but there could be some side effects in rare cases. The possible side effects of Retin-A acne cream are:
- Burning, stinging, warmth, or tingling sensation of the skin lasting (short time)
- Sensitivity to sunlight and redness of the skin
- Darkening or lightening of the skin for a short time
- Slight peeling of the skin and rash
- Dryness of the skin
Some precautions before using Retin-A:
- Do not use this cream if you are allergic to tretinoin or any other drugs like this
- Tell your doctor if you experience any allergic signs like a rash, itching, cough, skin swelling, hives etc.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or pregnant before using Retin-A acne cream.
- Do not use the excess amount of the cream.
- Avoid its application on sunburned, cuts, or damaged skin.
- Wear sunscreen and light clothing after using the cream
- Avoid the use of other skin care creams along with Retin-A (tretinoin cream)