If you or someone close to you needs help for a substance use disorder, talk to your doctor or call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP or go to SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locatorexternal icon.
- Local Health Centers for substance abuse servicesexternal icon
- Buprenorphine Treatment Practitioner Locatorexternal icon
- Opioid Treatment Program Directory by state, providing methadoneexternal icon
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)external icon combines behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders.
- Handbook: Decisions in Recovery: Treatment for Opioid Use Disorderpdf iconexternal icon
If you have questions about any medicines, call the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poison Help Hotline at 1-800-222-1222.
Support for Patients, Family & Friends
- Managing chronic pain with or in recovery (SAMHSA)external icon
- Facts and Recommendations for Individuals and Familiespdf iconexternal icon
- Facts and Recommendations for Communitiespdf iconexternal icon
- Facts and Recommendations for State, Local, and Tribal Governmentspdf iconexternal icon
- Mental Health and Addiction Insurance Helpexternal icon